Friday 8 July 2011

Jonny's Granite Chief




Seeing as I'm not at any races or in France this weekend I decided to do some work on my Granite Chief and The Bruce jump bike.

As soon as Fin gave me my Granite Chief for the season I knew exactly what i wanted to do to make it suit my style of riding. Kicking off with a Sunline bar to replace the narrow carbon Syncross and slamming the stem on the steerer tube, the Granite felt faster already. Once aimed down the steep trails at Triscombe I could tell this was going to be a great bike and perfect for the UK downhills.

Next on the hit list was the x0 carbon cranks. Coming with a 3x10 set up as standard this seemed a little overkill for what i had in mind. Fin came through with a 38t MRP chain device which was bolted straight on and given a severe first ride down Fort Bill's red run. The true test came when I was riding my home trails in Bath and had to deal with some serious climbs but we both made it around fine, including the 25% climb.
So thats it for the moment, I'm heading down to Triscombe this weekend to test out the Granite on the slippy roots and mud, I'll let you know how it goes!!


I was also lucky enough to get my hands on a Bruce jump bike to play on. I had only ridden the demo bike last year a couple of times and was stoked to get the chance to build one up to my specs. I'm still working on it so I'll post a photo or two when its done.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    How did you installed the chain device, since the granite chief has no iscg mount?

    ReplyDelete
  2. bb mounted chain device is used

    ReplyDelete